Sunday, March 19, 2017

Ottobre, Ottobre, and Jalie

If you’ve been following along on my blog, I’ve been working my way through outfits for each of my girls. This is the girl that wanted a “cozy and comfortable” pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt. She’s all about comfort. Instead of doing that for her, I decided to copy the Ottobre magazine inspiration. It’s still cozy and comfortable but maybe also a little less frump and more stylish? I used Ottobre 04-2016 #34 for the leggings. They are size B140 (the B is the skinny size). The only adjustment I made was to lower the front rise by about 3/4” of an inch. The print top is Ottobre 04-2016 #32 in size 140. I didn’t make any adjustments. The solid purple top is a Merino wool Jalie 2805 in the size 10.


 

Here are the two Ottobre patterns.
ott_0416_32_9

 

Here is everything together. She really likes it and it all fits really well. I need to get a picture with it all on.
ott_0416_32_1

 

I used a decorative stitch on my new sewing machine for the hem. I like how it adds a little pop of color and matches the trim on the Ottobre top.
ott_0416_32_2

 

It is supposed to have a collar but I just folded down and stitched.
ott_0416_32_3

 

I used the binder attachment on my coverstitcher. I love how it turned out.
ott_0416_32_4

 

I had to topstitch the pockets and used a different decorative stitch on my new machine.
ott_0416_32_5
ott_0416_32_6

 

These leggings are great. My twins are long and lean and these fit really well. AND they go up to size 170, so that’s exciting!
ott_0416_32_7

 

I recently discovered a two-step zig zag on my new machine and I really like it. I used it for the waist and the hems on the legs. It’s not as wide as the three-step zigzag but it it easier to work with than the regular zig zag.
ott_0416_32_8

 

I have one more set to show you. And more Jalies to show you too!! I’ve been working hard!!!

No comments: