Monday, February 13, 2017

Ottobre 01-2017 #25 Woven Skirt

I decided to make two of these this weekend for the lanky twins. I used a light denim for the top and two different wovens for the bottom. I find that I’m doing more woven projects with my new machine because I enjoy sewing with it. I’m really loving it and the automatic buttonholes ROCK!

ott20

 

Here is version #1. This is a remnant of a liberty print on the bottom. I used it to make a cute top a year ago or so. It has elastic casing in the top and a mock button placket.
FullSizeRender (43)

 

How pretty is the stitching? And my buttonholes, *swoon*.
FullSizeRender (44)

 

I used a fun decorative stitch for topstitching.
FullSizeRender (47)
FullSizeRender (45)

 

Version #2 – This is using a cotton voile on the bottom. 
FullSizeRender (48)
FullSizeRender (49)

 

I used a different decorative stitch for this skirt.
FullSizeRender (50)

 

I love how the inside looks as nice as the outside.
FullSizeRender (51)

I just got my Ottobre Woman’s magazine this weekend so watch for the slouchy hooded sweatshirt!!!

No comments: