Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Ottobre 06-2016 #29 Knit Top For Girls

This is the line drawing for this pattern. It’s from the last issue of 2016 of Ottobre. I knew right away I wanted to make it. It’s perfect for sassy girls. The back has a cute, bound cut-out. I made the size 140. My girls are about 138 cm tall, but very thin. I didn’t modify anything on this because I figured it being loose wouldn’t hurt anything.
ottobre_2

 

I made mine out of Merino wool. It’s cold here and we are up to our ears in Merino wool knit fabrics. I really need to put some more on my Etsy shop. I really like how it turned out. I used a Cotton + Steel fabric for the ruffle on the bottom and some random rib knit for the little keyhole back. I used glitter black felt with Wonder Under (I think?). I ironed it in place and then topstitched.
FullSizeRender (7)

 

I just finished it with a serged overlock stitch.
FullSizeRender (11)
FullSizeRender (8)

 

I’m totally getting the hang of my coverstitching binder!
FullSizeRender (9)

 

And my new Viking 965Q? Well, she’s amazing. I never realized how hard it was to topstitch something when you don’t have that automatic needle down option. That makes it SO NICE to do things like this!!!! I’m glad I didn’t start sewing on something nice like this and then move to my vintage machine. Don’t get me wrong, I love them (and sewing on my new machine feels like cheating!!!!), but they all have their purpose. The purpose of the 965Q is precision sewing and making my life easy. I still have my doubts that it will sew through thick things like my Necchi. Time will tell.
FullSizeRender (10)

No comments: