Sunday, June 19, 2016

Jalie Leotards

As you know (maybe), my neice is a big gymnast. I make leotards for her. She really likes glitter, glam, and pizazz while Dad likes a little modesty with the gym-short type of leg. I loved this Jalie 3465 pattern for a while but I am lazy when it comes to modifying patterns. Then I was looking at something recently and literally had a forehead-slapping moment. I totally forgot that Jalie 3465 and 3466 have interchangeable bottoms!! How awesome is that? Look at all my options!! And no modification for the Lazy-Dawn-Beast. Look! There are my boy short bottoms!!

j_3465_1
j_3465_cover_2j_3466_cover_1

 

This is the bodice piece on Jalie 3465, truly bizarre. The part on top is the bodice.
FullSizeRender (64)

 

1) How FREAKING cute is this leotard. 2) How FREAKING big is my dog??
FullSizeRender (65)

 

The back is my favorite part. The only part that doesn’t please me is that she won’t be able to undo-redo the clasp by herself. These are my twins showing off the two leotards. My twins are smaller than my neice. She is definitely more muscular and these will look better on her. You can tell these are too big around on the torso.
FullSizeRender (66)

 

Here is the other one. Same things, different colors.
FullSizeRender (67)

 

See how ripply it is around the side of the bodice? Too big for this girl, but it will fit the cousin just fine.
FullSizeRender (69)
FullSizeRender (70)

 

On the mesh, they have you serge on 1/4” elastic, flip it to the wrong side, and topstitch it with a zig zag. I LOVE this finish!
FullSizeRender (72)

 

These are winging their way to San Diego as we speak.

No comments: