Monday, July 27, 2015

Jalie 3353 - Cocoon Cardigan

My next project is not a Jalie, I swear. Really.

 

It’s been hot here. Well 75 degrees is a scorcher around here. Breezy cool weather is only a minute or two away. The weather changes that fast and I’m not even kidding.  I’ve made two cardigans in the past couple of days. This one is my favorite. This is a lightweight snuggly sweater-knit fabric. It’s hard to see in these pictures where the cardigan ends and the jeans begin. I think this would be great in a merino wool. I may have to make these in all colors and store them at my school.
j_3353_1

 

And may I digress for a moment. I just bought these shoes and freaking love them. Super comfortable and also cute. I almost bought the plain-jane black pair, but who wants a plain black pair of shoes. I mean, come on. And didn’t I hear that leopard is the new neutral? See? This is just like a black shoe. I may actually end up getting it in another color too.
j_3353_7

 

Sorry, back to the cardigan. It’s super easy to make. There are three pieces and a long band for the “collar” and two sleeve bands. So that’s seven pieces total which doesn’t sound as impressive as three. Anyway, it’s very easy to make. I think I had it cut out and sewn in two hours. I did it between painting cabinets. That took forever.
j_3353_2

 

Long in the back for all those leggings.
j_3353_3

 

Love the length (and the shoes!!). Doesn’t it look cozy? I have some sweater knit wool that would be great for this.
j_3353_4

 

It’s very unfitted and I love the way it drapes when you aren’t standing like a birdie.
j_3353_5

 

Another wardrobe stable. One year, I am going to make a school wardrobe. Wait. A PLANNED school wardrobe. This summer I’m just been on sewing ADD overload. Bright, print, bring, more bright!! Now nothing goes together. Oh well, I guess I’ll be bright!
j_3353_6

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sew-To-Fit by AD Lynn said...

Nice, and it looks so awesomely comfortable.

Josephine Myles said...

Ooh, I love the shoes too! Where are they from? I can sense a pair coming into my life soon :)

Unknown said...

Love the shoes and love the cardi! Eleonore and Cora just arrived today, so I'd better get sewing since I now also want that cardigan pattern!!!