Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall Foliage - Sorry, no sewing.

On my “run” the other day, I was so caught up in the fall colors that I walked for probably half of it. There were sew many pretty pictures to take and I couldn’t resist. These are high-bush cranberries.
fall_5

 

These are positively glowing with the sun. I’m sure people driving on the road thought I might be a freak. I was dressed to run but crouched on the side of the road with my iPhone. But wasn’t it worth it? 
fall_1

fall_2

fall_3

 

High-bush cranberries turn this beautiful reddish-purple color.
fall_4

On another note, if you haven’t voted in the PatternReview.com Mini-Wardrobe contest, you should do it soon. It closes in a few days. There are some amazing wardrobes in there!

I have some things to show you but the weather has been dismal for photographs this weekend.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you for that little picture treat, Dawn! Autumn is my favorite time of year in 'the North' where the leaves change. Growing up on Lake Erie, we had fabulous shows each Fall. In Florida, where I've lived for all of my adult life, not so much, and I truly miss the beauty of the change of seasons.

Cocos Loft said...

So pretty. I'm always amazed by the colors that mama nature provides. Thanks for sharing.

Leonie said...

Thanks for sharing. Mother nature puts on a good show, doesn't she!

Lyn A. said...

Those are amazing pictures.. I would love to paint them.. Perhaps you could put them on Paint My Photo for artist.