Saturday, June 9, 2012

Window Shopping - Maybe Knockoffs?

I love Athleta.

I’m also loving my sweatshirt/hoodie shirt from the other day. I’m thinking it would be super simple to knock-off a couple of these Athleta hoodies using my new KS hoodie pattern. I really like that hoodie and have already managed to wear it two or three times since I’ve made it. This the Stripelicious Hike Hoodie. I love the mixing of the different stripes. Of course. It looks super slouchy and cute on the model too. The front of the hood comes together to form an almost cowl-neck.

atheta_2atheta_1

 

 

I also like this Paradise Hoodie. It’s very similar to the KS pattern too except the shoulder seam has been moved forward. That’s easy enough to do.
atheta_3

 

 

My favorite is the Riviera Hoodie. It has some details my pattern does not but they would be easy enough to add. One is the drapey sides, check. Another is the drawstring at the hood, check. The last one is the topstitching on the front of the v-neck. I highlighted it in yellow below. I think this is called the top cover stitch?? I can replicate this easily enough with my three-thread coverstitch. So, CHECK!
atheta_5atheta_4atheta_6

 

I have a Jalie top to show you soon. I should be able to hem it tomorrow.

No comments: