Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jalie 3024 – Another Dress

Here’s another version of the dress. I didn’t remember to add anything to the bodice bottom or to the hem. Oops. I think it’s cute as it is but I’ll either have to do leggings or tights under this if I want to wear it to work. This is a matte jersey I bought from Fabric.com not too long ago. To tell you the truth, I’m not a big fan of the hand of this fabric. It feels very polyester-y and has very little stretch in any direction. I was expecting something more stretchy and less synthetic, I guess. I do love the print though. I used a black ribbing for the waistband. The black shirt under it is my Jalie boat neck wool jersey top. 
j_3024_1

There doesn’t seem to be nearly as much butt wrinkling as there was in my other version. Maybe it’s just because there is so much print you can’t see any wrinkles??
j_3024_2

Who doesn't love a pull-it-out-of-the-suitcase knit dress?

6 comments:

shams said...

Dawn, I purchased that same fabric (before you mentioned it on your blog) and did not like it when it arrived. The print is so pretty, but the fabric is like oldstyle, icky polyester. I will probably use mine for muslins. One of the hazards of shopping online, I guess.

But your dress is very cute!

paola said...

BRAVISSIMA DAWN,E' DA MOLTO CHE TI SEGUO E FAI VERAMENTE DEI BEI LAVORI..MA DIMMI COME FAI A MANTENERTI COSI BELLA MAGRA ....OLTRE ALLA CORSA FAI DIETA CHE COSA MANGI? PER ESSERE IN FORMA COSI'. ANCH'IO FACCIO CORSA TRE VOLTE ALLA SETTIMANA E TU QUANTO CORRI DAMMI QUALCHE CONSIGLIO PER OTTENERE UNA FORMA COSI'? ATTENDO UNA TUA RISPOSTA?

Maryissewfast said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way about that fabric. I adored the print too, but it was not what I was expecting. It's funny because I bought some other fabrics in the same section that were more what I thought they would be. Rethinking what to do with it! Love your dress!

Dharma said...

Cute dress. Thanks for sharing the flannel samples. I need to head over to purchase the flannel lions and owls.
The view from your deck is beautiful

SEWN said...

Very cute dress!

Texas Urban said...

Dawn Love this dress---I think that the "butt wrinkles" on your first version have something to do with the sweater tights that you were wearing in combination with the weight of the fabric that you used.