Saturday, October 23, 2010

Halloween Progress . . . Tail!!

I wasn’t sure how this spray painting shin-dig was going to go so I wanted to start with something easy and that I didn’t mind throwing away if it didn’t work. Therefore, the tail seemed like the easiest choice. I used blue painter’s tape and made some stripes. I put it on the lawn and sprayed the heck out of it. One thing I learned is that I do not want to be wearing this little outfit when I spray paint it. That paint goes right through.
halloween_20

When I removed the tape, I was pleasantly surprised. It looked good although it smelled like, what else, spray paint.
halloween_21

Then I used the “tail” method in my handy dandy Singer Halloween costume sewing book. I love that thing; bought it at a garage sale for a buck or something. This picture shows the set up right before I sew the fabric together right sides together. Click to make this bigger so you can read the text.
halloween_22

Here’s my tail in all it’s glory.
halloween_23 

Here’s the “hair”. I used black twine and just untwisted it to make it more hair-like. I probably should have added more hair.
halloween_27

Next up? Makin’ stripes!!

3 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

Perfect!

Kyle said...

very clever way to make stripes!!

Lynn said...

Looks like a bue version of Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. Really, really cute though.