Saturday, January 30, 2010

You guys had a great idea!

You guys have such good ideas. I hadn't thought about pairing the dress pattern and that silk suiting. I was thinking it would be nice with some black piping around the waist belt and the neck band. I sketched up a little mock-up with Paint.net. Granted the scale is off (the stripes would be much smaller) but I think this could be a fantastic dress. The fabric is only 45" wide but I have plenty to make this dress out of it.


This might need to be my next project!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Very, very cute! So it'll be done by, what... tomorrow morning? Don't mind me, it's the jealousy talking!

Sewingadicta said...

Fabulous! you will be really nice in that dress style 60, you can dress it with a thin sweater under it.

KID, MD said...

Awesome!! That's going to be adorable.

meredithp said...

Or a dressy cardigan over it.

Marsha said...

It's going to look great! BTW, congrats on being featured on PR!

marysews said...

That's a good idea. I have a couple ideas for you:
1. make the neck band(s) and waist band(s) on the bias
2. while you're at it, fringe the neck band.

Bunny said...

Great idea for the silk. It will look wonderful on you.

Martha said...

Very cute! Perfect fabric for that style.

Kathi said...

Well, I guess I will check back tomorrow night to see the finished product!!
How great is it that you managed to buy the perfect fabric for the perfect pattern!!

Linda L said...

I think your fabric choice is perfect. Similar to a dress I saw in Talbot's catalog.

Jean said...

That fabric will look very cute in that dress style!

Sharon Sews said...

That is going to be one gorgeous dress!