Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Vintage Vogue and the Pear


I made 2077. I messed up on the back of the dress. Here is my review from patternreview.com

Pattern Description: Dress, in evening or street length, is slightly gathered to high-waist inset band. Scoop neckline. Pockets in side seams. Full length sleeves gathered into cuffs, short sleeves or sleeveless. Optional purchased trim. I think it is a mid-60s pattern. There is no date on it though. Here is the front of the envelope.

Pattern Sizing: Size 10, Bust 32.5", Hip 34.5"

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, but mine looked less defined. Here is the front and back.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, although I did not interline it.What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I'm not sure it is the best look for me. I love the fashion drawings but the end result is like screaming, "Hello! I'm a PEAR!!!" and I'm not sure I like that.

Fabric Used: A flowing suiting material. Black with white flowers on it. Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:I took out a few of the gathers on the top bodice but left the rest alone. I did not underline it like the pattern suggested. Instead, I used two layers of bodice material to line the bodice. Here is the inside front and inside back. You can see I had no idea what I was doing with that invisible zipper and the back seam. I'll know better next time.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I'm not sure I will sew it again. I think I need something that shows off my waist. The most fitted part of this dress is the band right under my chest. If I had more (or any for that matter) chest, I think it would look better. I do recommend it to others. It is a cute pattern and super easy.

Conclusion: Cute, but maybe not for me?

1 comment:

lsaspacey said...

HUSH!!

That looks great on you, from one pear to another. Who told you a pear was a bad shape anyway? We are just a little smaller in the chest area, is all.