Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Butterick 4985 finished

Here she is . . .


I am getting some mightly pull lines on the back when I lift my arms. I am asking the PR gurus about it to see what they think.

I did a bang-up job de-puffing the arms. I liked the puff at the bottom so I mostly left that part alone.

The full review on PR.com:
Pattern Description: From the envelope: Tops A, B, C, D have gathered upper front, lower section with princess seams, sleeve and collar variation. A: stand-up collar and tie, two-piece sleeve. B: gathered sleeve with band and collar with collar band. C, D: gathered sleeve with band and stand-up collar. D: purchased trim. I made version B with the collar.

Pattern Sizing: This is the AA, sizes 6, 8, 10, 12. I made a size 6.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Mostly. I used a very different fabric and I'm not as curvy. And I made a couple changes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes pretty easy. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I liked the pattern lines. I like the gathered bust. Nothing that I disliked really.

Fabric Used: I used a 100% polyester something from JoAnn's. It has nice drape. I was afraid it would be a little too Miami Vice but it turned out okay.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I made a SBA by slicing and overlapping the front where the gathers are. I de-puff-ified the sleeves a bit. They were very puffy for my muslin. Here is the original sleeve and here it is after I folded out some ease and chopped off some of the cap.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I will sew it again after I get a few alterations figured out. I have some weird lines on my bust which happens with all woven tops. I need to get that figured out. I think the lines and the arm tightness are all related. I'll have to ask the fitting gurus here on the boards. For the rest of you, here are the lines and the pulling (pulling #2) pictures. Again, I don't think this is a pattern thing. I think it is a me thing.

Conclusion: Cute tops! Although I'm not sure about view D, lace on the really puffy sleeves??

1 comment:

kitty said...

Yay! It is a cute top! I'm sure the gurus on PR will help with the pulling on the back. I'm no use with such things.
Good job!